Need a new idea for zucchini? Zucchini Carpaccio from Gourmet Weekday is fantastic and doesn’t involve any cooking.
Simply arrange the ingredients on a platter or a couple of plates and it’s ready to serve. It can be made a couple of hours ahead of time, so it’s easy for entertaining.
Last night, I served Zucchini Carpaccio as a side dish with grilled chicken. It was perfect on a hot summer night!
(Adapted from a recipe in Gourmet Weekday)
Serves 4 – 6
You want to slice the zucchini as thinly as possible. A mandoline makes it quick and easy.
1¼ pounds zucchini
¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
1½ tablespoons lemon juice
Salt, to taste
½ cup grated Parmigiano-Reggiano
A few fresh basil leaves (Gourmet used mint leaves.)
1. Cut the zucchini into very thin slices.
2. Spread the zucchini out on a platter or on a couple of plates.
3. Drizzle the olive oil over the zucchini, and then the lemon juice. Sprinkle with salt. Cover with the grated cheese.
4. Cut the basil (or mint) into thin strips and sprinkle them over the cheese.
5. Serve immediately, or set aside at room temperature to serve within an hour or two.