Thanksgiving Traditions

November 21, 2011

Thanksgiving is just a few days away. Laura and I are in charge of pies, and I’m also bringing my Easy Cranberry Chutney to our family’s Thanksgiving feast.

These are the recipes I have been making for quite a few years; my family looks forward to having these favorites each year. Just click on the title for each one to see the original post and the recipe.

Easy Cranberry Chutney

Naturally Sweetened Pumpkin Pie

Pecan Pie

Happy Apple Pie

Happy Thanksgiving to all!

(Don’t forget to save the turkey carcass to make Turkey Carcass Soup!)

1. Carrie permalink
    November 21, 2011 4:20 pm

I’m bringing pumpkin pie and cranberry sauce to the Small Thanksgiving!

• November 21, 2011 4:23 pm

Yay! And Happy Thanksgiving to all at the Small’s Thanksgiving feast! (Maybe Mary Kate will give you the turkey carcass!)

2. November 22, 2011 4:20 am

I made my turkey early because I’m not hosting the feast and I wanted leftovers. Made the stock already. Just may try your chutney to take to SIL’s.

• November 22, 2011 7:46 am

That’s exactly what I do, but I usually make my turkey for leftovers after Thanksgiving! :)

3. November 22, 2011 5:59 am

Beautiful photos! Happy Thanksgiving!

4. November 22, 2011 7:38 am

Love the Happy Apple Pie! Lol. All of this looks delicious!

5. November 23, 2011 4:27 pm

I love “Turkey Carcass Soup”!!!! And what a friendly look apple pie, though I have never met an apple pie I didn’t like! Happy Thanksgiving!

6. November 24, 2011 7:30 pm

looks like a great selection of pies for the occasion! I can just imagine all the wonderful dishes that graced your families table!

I hope you and your family had a happy and healthy Thanksgiving!

7. November 25, 2011 7:29 am

I hope you had a great holiday. Your photos are wonderful, but the apple pie stole the show:-). This was my first viit to your blog, so I took some time to browse through your earlier posts. I’m so glad I did that. I really like the food and recipes you share with your readers and I’ll definitely be back. I hope you have a great day. Blessings…Mary

8. November 25, 2011 7:27 pm

Smile! I hope you had a blessed holiday. Everything looks so good, but like Mary said, your apple pie won my heart! Thank you for sharing with me. I hope you are having a relaxing weekend with family and good food. Many blessings this week, my friend!

9. November 26, 2011 8:50 pm

You made my day! I’ve never made turkey soup and I was hoping one of my friends would have a recommended recipe. :) I would like to follow that with a slice of that pumpkin pie!

I hope you had a good weekend my friend!